Your solar panel system has been properly installed and you’re starting to generate solar energy. Fantastic! Now you can sit back and watch the kilowatts roll in and your energy bill decrease.
Well, not quite. It’s true that your new solar energy system will begin producing and saving you money almost immediately. But it’s not necessarily a set-it-and-forget-it job. To ensure your system is producing at its peak, you have to keep an eye on it. Performing solar panel maintenance will ensure that everything is working properly and getting you the most for your investment.
Why is maintaining your solar panel system so important?
You need to maintain your solar panel system to ensure that it is working as efficiently as possible. If there is something wrong, it may only be bringing in a portion of the energy that it could be, which could be costing you valuable money, or at least not saving you as much as it could.
Why should you hire a professional to maintain your system?
You might be tempted to handle the ongoing maintenance yourself. How difficult could it be, right?! Truthfully, there are many reasons why you should hire a professional to maintain your solar system, rather than taking on the task yourself.
- More efficient solar panel system. You may not know what you don’t know about solar panel systems. Professionals have the expertise and experience to keep an eye out for the common (and perhaps more importantly, uncommon) reasons your system might not be working like it should.
- Peace of mind. When you hire someone to watch your system, you don’t have to worry about it. You know that it is being taken care of and is working as hard as it could for you, freeing you up to focus on the important tasks of running your business or your household.
- They know what they are doing. Professionals are used to working with the panels so they are comfortable around them. You don’t want to break something or accidentally cause an issue because you don’t know what you are doing.
- Safety first. Monitoring a solar energy system sometimes requires getting up on the roof to check panels. Professional solar energy companies have the proper equipment, gear and know-how to scale any type of roof in any type of weather, and to do it safely and efficiently.
What type of solar energy services do they offer?
Though each professional is different, they typically offer the same solar operations and maintenance services, which include:
- Routine, preventative and annual maintenance
- Performance verification
- Structural analysis
- Emergency services
- Vegetation management
- Insurance support
- Repair and rebuild solar installations
- Snow removal
- Solar commissioning and recommissions
Maintenance of a solar panel system is very important to ensure you’re getting the most for your investment. If you aren’t watching them closely, they may not be working as efficiently as possible, which means that you are losing money.
Interested in learning more about solar panel inverter maintenance and solar panel system maintenance services? Contact us today! Our team of professional IL solar installers is ready and waiting to discuss your needs.