Are you tired of the same old work? Ready for a change? Rethink Electric is looking for a qualified electrician to fill a full-time role in the fast-growing solar industry.
Rethink Electric is a solar panel installer for residential and commercial properties. We have a focus on giving our customers solar systems that save them money, guarantees energy independence and makes the planet a little happier.
As one of our electricians, you will provide the technical expertise to lead the installation of residential and small commercial PV systems, ensuring that they conform to existing national and local building codes.
You will maintain a state certification in the field of Electrical Journeyman or higher. You can expect to install and direct the work of all mechanical portions of solar electric installations relating to array layouts, array racking and module installation—either roof- or ground-mounted. You will also provide immediate in-field oversight to crews on safety, quality control and correct installation methods to ensure a quality installation.
· Lead the installation of electrical systems that interconnect our solar array to the grid power of our customers’ residential properties.
· Ensure work performed by all electricians is of good workmanship and compliant with current NEC and local codes.
· Troubleshoot system problems and resolve electrical issues.
· Work with the team and homeowners to fulfill any necessary system upgrades or repairs to support our solar equipment.
· Work with local inspectors to satisfy local requirements and expectations.
· At least 4 years of electrical installation and repair experience.
· Strong interpersonal/human relations skills.
· Strong analytical and creative problem-solving skills.
· Ability to read one line drawings.
· Able to perform advanced electrical calculations.
· Knowledge of current NEC and ability to navigate it.
· Understanding of wire and conduit sizing and how to make adjustments for environmental factors.
· Must be willing to work in high places. Our installations are on rooftops, and subsequently, you will be on them!
· Willing to work with and develop apprentices. You will facilitate their success.
· Willing to perform work as directed in high-pressure situations.
· Must maintain a clean and valid driver's license. We work from the IL/WI border to Rockford to Kankakee and everywhere in between. Driving will be a regular part of your job, and you must have reliable transportation.
· Must pass a drug test and background check.
· Must have working knowledge and experience replacing residential electrical services and distribution panels.
· Ability to transport materials and equipment to complete assigned job tasks (up to 50 pounds frequently and up to 100 pounds with assistance).
· Work safely on a residential or commercial rooftop.
· Work on rooftops with various angles and surfaces.
· Work in outdoor weather conditions.
· Competitive salary
· Vacation pay
· Company credit card
Please send your cover letter, résumé and salary expectation to email@example.com.
We will send you a quick survey that serves as a helpful pre-screener. It has 10 questions and takes just a couple minutes to complete.